Read, Watch, Listen, Engage
ARC-C members have shared the materials that they have found most helpful in their anti-racism journeys.
Books (Order from a Black-owned bookstore)
- Critical Race Theory, An Introduction (3rd Edition), Richard Delgado & Jean Stefancic (NYU Press, 2017)
- How to Be An Antiracist, Ibram X. Kendi
- 100 Years of Lynchings, Ralph Ginzburg
- My Grandmother's Hands, Resmaa Menakem
What Do I Do?
If you encounter racial graffiti or hate speech in a public place:
- Take a photograph.
- Contact the relevant law enforcement branch (local police, sheriff, state police).
- Reach out to ARC-C. We mobilize to support community members who are harmed by this kind of hateful act, reach out to local officials, and state that hate speech is not accepted in our community.